Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Derek <de...@comcast.net> on 2004/04/11 22:43:39 UTC

struts workflow extension: help on workflow violation handling

I need some guidance and/or an example of how to achieve this...

I have a multi-page wizard that uses a form bean (in the session) per
page.  "Next"
and "Back" buttons submit to the same Action which is necessary to save
all data
entered into the form beans.  On a workflow violation, I want the user
to remain
on the same wizard page that they were on and just display a message
about the
violation.  It seems that when any violation occurs, no matter which
page the user
is on, the violation "handler" is called, the data in the session is
removed and all
workflows and states are removed.  When running the demo application, it
seems that
the behavior is what I want but I can't seem to duplicate it in my
application.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  derek