Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by D Sledge <va...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/26 19:26:46 UTC

Removing WS Classes From Cache

When I undeploy a web service, the class files remain loaded in the cache.  This becomes a problem
when I need to update those files.  Unless I shut down tomcat and start it up again, none of the
changes I make to the class files will go into effect.  Even if I remove them entirely, I'm still
able to redeploy the web service without any changes to the service.  Is there anyway to unload
the class files without shutting down and restarting tomcat?

Linux Red Hat 9.0+
JRockit 1.4.2_04
tomcat 5
axis 1.1

http://messenger.yahoo.com

Re: Removing WS Classes From Cache

Posted by D Sledge <va...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent!  I was actually looking for a CLI for reloading apps, but you pointed me in the right
direction.  Now that I've read the manager help, I know I can use ant to reload an app from
command prompt.

Thanks,

D Sledge

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Removing WS Classes From Cache

Posted by Dan Ciarniello <dc...@cityxpress.com>.

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
D Sledge wrote:
> When I undeploy a web service, the class files remain loaded in the cache.  This becomes a problem
> when I need to update those files.  Unless I shut down tomcat and start it up again, none of the
> changes I make to the class files will go into effect.  Even if I remove them entirely, I'm still
> able to redeploy the web service without any changes to the service.  Is there anyway to unload
> the class files without shutting down and restarting tomcat?

What if your reload the Axis webapp?

In JBoss, I do this:
'touch server/deploy/axis.war/WEB-INF/web.xml'