Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by EyeOnCode <co...@rogers.com> on 2007/11/14 17:55:57 UTC

Clarification Required: One message broker per machine or...?

After reading AMQ’s documents, I am still unclear on when a separate message
broker is required.   The documentation should give diagrams of different
configuration possibilities to make more clear.

I have a distributed application with 4 separate machines (separate boxes)
connected by network.   Do I need to install a message broker on each
machine (box)?   Is there a way to use only one message broker for 4
separate machines?   I am very unclear about this.

Re: Clarification Required: One message broker per machine or...?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Normally you only use 1 broker unless you have
network/load/saleability/high-availability issues to address.

On Nov 14, 2007 11:55 AM, EyeOnCode <co...@rogers.com> wrote:

> After reading AMQ's documents, I am still unclear on when a separate message
> broker is required.   The documentation should give diagrams of different
> configuration possibilities to make more clear.
>
> I have a distributed application with 4 separate machines (separate boxes)
> connected by network.   Do I need to install a message broker on each
> machine (box)?   Is there a way to use only one message broker for 4
> separate machines?   I am very unclear about this.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com