Posted to dev@hdt.apache.org by "newage144 ." <ne...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/18 05:03:20 UTC

HDT (get involved)

Hello guys,

I'm Nicholas Nadirashvili. I have been following the hdt project & want to
get involved in the process of developing hadoop tools.

I have worked on open source products in the past based on my clients
request (CloudStack project). Also have good experience coding java & good
understanding of systems.

I cannot contribute full-time since I have a day job, however I can
definitely help out on part-time basis. In addition, my co-worker (who also
is a java programmer) wants to get involved as well.

We have recently worked with Hadoop (cloudera) for one of our projects and
we understand how big of a role this project has in big data arena since
there aren't any solid tools that I know of that make development easier
for hadoop programmers. That said, we would like to help to speed up the
development process.

Please let us know what needs to be done to be part of the team.

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas.

Re: HDT (get involved)

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nicholas

We would be happy to have you involved with HDT.  A few tips to get you
started @ http://community.apache.org/gettingStarted/101.html.
You could play around HDT code, we are currently building from
hadoop-eclipse-merge branch or look into JIRA issues.

regards
Rahul