Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/05 02:07:55 UTC

[VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

add Gerolf Seitz as committer

-igor

Re: [VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 9/5/07, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> add Gerolf Seitz as committer
>
> -igor

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/

Re: [VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Matej

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 9/4/07, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> add Gerolf Seitz as committer

+1

Eelco

Re: [VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
+1

-igor

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
+1
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty

Re: [VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Juergen

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 9/4/07, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> add Gerolf Seitz as committer

For the public (as we've had some discussion about this on the private list):

Gerolf has been very helpful with various issues/ contributions lately
(for instance with the date picker and a jmx panel[1], has offered to
help out with talks, and - very important - is eager to be part of the
team to make a long-term effort in moving the project forward.

About becoming part of the project team...

There are quite a few people by now who made considerable
contributions to Wicket, though helping on the lists, with the WIKI
and sending in patches etc. We're really glad about people doing that.
As for being part of the team: we believe it is very important to make
sure we get people in who more or less have the same ideas about
direction (though smaller differences in opinion can be constructive).
Besides that, we try to pick people who are eager and can make a long
lasting effort. It is one thing to send in 3 patches over a year
(though please do!) or answer emails every day, be involved in
discussions, look at the bugtracker and take initiative in growing the
project.

I'm saying this in case there are people who are wondering by now:
'oh, I contributed more than this guy, but they never asked me'.
Changes are, we might think you're not interested, or we just missed
it somehow. If that's you, and you are really interested in being part
of the team, you need to make sure you're visible for starters, but it
wouldn't hurt to ping one of us - I know this is against open source
mores (that says you have to be asked), but I for one wouldn't mind
knowing who is interested. Saves us the mind reading ;) Now we're not
planning on immediately letting 10 new people in, and I am not
expecting 100 people to jump up and say that they would rather spend
their time working on Wicket than sitting in bars and stuff. Just
wanted to state this.

Cheers!

Eelco

[1] http://chillenious.wordpress.com/2007/08/29/jmx-wicket-panel/

Re: [VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> add Gerolf Seitz as committer
>
> -igor

+1

Ate

Re: [VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.
On 5.9.2007, at 3.07, Igor Vaynberg wrote:

> add Gerolf Seitz as committer
>
> -igor

+1

Re: [VOTE] add Gerolf Seitz as committer

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I call this vote passed with 12 +1's and no other votes counted.

Martijn

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
+1

Frank