Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Hopkins <ch...@cra.com> on 2010/04/28 13:23:45 UTC

Logging service call response

Hi -

I'm using Axis2 v1.5.1 to compile a WSDL and then make calls to the service methods defined in the WSDL from my Java (v1.5) application. I'm trying to figure out how to log the response that the call gets prior to it attempting to process it. I have turned on debug logging via a log4j.properties file but perhaps I'm not logging the right things. I've added this to my log4.properties

log4j.logger.org.apache=debug
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis2=debug

and this is the error

org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character '"' (code 34) in DOCTYPE declaration; expected a space between public and system identifiers
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,62]

I just need to be able to see what the actual response from the web service call contains.

Thanks,
Chris

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

RE: Logging service call response

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
i logged some rather large HL7 segments with Log4j RollingFileAppender
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/index.html

download at
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/

hth
Martin Gainty

From: Meeusen.Christopher@mayo.edu
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Logging service call response
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 06:50:12 -0500

Try using soapui or tcpmon to view the envelopes.

Posted by Chris Hopkins <ch...@cra.com>.
Thanks. I’ll try this!

Posted by "Meeusen, Christopher W." <Me...@mayo.edu>.