Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by "Angelo K. Huang" <an...@ymail.com> on 2010/09/20 23:08:49 UTC

openjpa 1.2.1 oracle table not found

We are using openjpa version 1.2.1 with oracle db. There are five tables in
the db. One error "ORA-00942 table or view does not exist" throws out
occasionally when the system tries to access the table by insert or update.
The account we were using has the synonyms to other schema. For example, we
used "test_user" which has synonyms for the tables in "test" schema. All
tables are there and we also used sqlplus to test the setup of accounts. The
error is not throwing in a very consistent way. Sometimes, the system was
running fine. Sometimes, this error would start throwing out and we had to
restart the system. After the restart, the error might, or might not,
happen. Does anyone have a similar experience like this? Do we need to
upgrade openjpa to a newer version?

Re: openjpa 1.2.1 oracle table not found

Posted by Miłosz Tylenda <mt...@o2.pl>.
Hi Angelo,

Unfortunately I don't know the solution or the exact cause. I just lately read a message on some Polish database related mailing list [1]. Basically the guy says he is experiencing random ORA-00942 errors after upgrading to 11.1.0.7.0 and he has no idea what's happening. Not sure whether he means database or driver upgrade. This message along with yours made me suspect that Oracle introduced some incompatibility or bug with the upgrade.

Greetings,
Milosz

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/pl.comp.bazy-danych/browse_thread/thread/e7f329a3531c6eb4#

Posted by Miłosz Tylenda <mt...@o2.pl>.
Angelo,

There is another thread which mentions the same problem [1]. Is it the same environment? What version of Oracle are you using? Was it upgraded these months? It might be Oracle configuration/bug.

Cheers,
Milosz

[1] http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/issue-with-Oracle-and-openjpa1-2-1-td5540421.html#a5540421

Posted by Andrew Thompson <at...@columbia.edu>.