Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lorenzo De Sio <l....@w4b.it> on 2003/03/14 13:05:25 UTC

mod_proxy w/ multiple webapps

Hi all,

I apologize if this post maybe should go to a Apache list, but I think this
could be useful to all Cocoon people.

I'm very interested in letting Apache serve Cocoon-based webapps via
Apache's mod_proxy ( http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ApacheModProxy
), which seems to allow fine-grained selection over MIME-types served
straight from Apache without bothering Tomcat.

My problem is that the document above presents a configuration in which the
webapp is mounted as root context ( / ).
This way, the whole site is redirected to Tomcat. I would like to set up
instead a configuration in which a single subdir is mapped to a Tomcat
webapp, which, by the way, has its docbase *not* under the Apache docroot.

I can't seem to get a working configuration. The URL-rewriting happens, but
I think there is a problem with the regexp syntax, since, for example, a
request such as:

http://xavier/w4b/_img/testata.gif

triggers an Apache error (in error_log):

File does not exist: /w4b/_img, referer: http://xavier/w4b/

Here is a httpd.conf snippet:

<snip>
Alias /w4b /w4b/webapps/w4b

ProxyPassReverse /w4b/ http://localhost:8080/w4b/
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyErrorOverride On

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule "^/(.*)\.gif$" "$0" [L]
RewriteRule "^/(.*)\.(jpg|jpeg)$" "$0" [L]

RewriteRule "^/w4b/(.*)" "http://localhost:8080/w4b/$1" [P]
</snip>

Maybe I can't use Alias? Any help?

L.