Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu> on 2004/10/06 15:51:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Win32 compile, customizing paths

Hello,

I would like to customize a few compiled in paths, especially to httpd.conf,
on a Windows install (Apache 2.0). However, I'm not sure how to do that. To
be explicit, I want "apache -V" to show a line as:
    -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/path/to/my.conf"

I build using Visual Studio, and in that case there is no configure step, so
I'm at loss when and where to change something. Someone knows?

Regards,
Robert Andersson

Re: [users@httpd] Win32 compile, customizing paths

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Joshua Slive wrote:
> I believe it is set in project->properties->c/c++->preprocessor
> depending on your visual studio version.
>
> Or you can always just go and edit include/httpd.h

Thank you, Joshua. I changed the define in httpd.h. I had the idea that it
would be mangled during the building process, but it seems to have worked
fine.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:07:58 -0400, Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe it is set in project->properties->c/c++->preprocessor
> depending on your visual studio version.

And when I say it is set there, I mean it /can/ be set there.  In
other words, that is the place to add pre-processor defines.  You
won't find an existing define for SERVER_CONFIG_FILE in that location.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Win32 compile, customizing paths

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.