Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Xinhuan Zheng <xi...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/07 17:16:49 UTC

What technology do you choose for Party data model?

I am reviewing Apache OFbiz Data Model book - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/13271792/OFBizDatamodelBook_Combined_20171001.pdf?api=v2, Page 8 - 9, the Party, Contact, Communication, and Security data model. One question just comes up into my mind.

Suppose this is a Catalog Order business. It has products of books, DVDs, supplies (for example, certain cups used in certain ceremony) that are all not perishable. When catalogs are printed and sent to prospects, the business takes the order, fulfills the order from inventoried product items. Obviously, the business needs to store product items before orders come in. This will involve in purchase orders from suppliers. This is an outline of the business.

The goal is to keep business process consistent, efficient, and obviously, with limited budget of finance and human resources. So technology is carefully compared, and Apache OFBiz comes out as a potential candidate.

By analyzing the Apache OFbiz Party data model, as the link referenced above, combining with the outlined business process and the goal, what technology do you choose just for Party data model (including Party, Contact, Communication, Security)? I am listing below potential technologies:

1. Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet
2. Microsoft Exchange Database
3. MySQL Database
4. Mongo Database
5. Oracle Database

Thanks!

Re: What technology do you choose for Party data model?

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
Hello Xinhuan,

Adding to Pritam's answer, you can also refer to Big Book for the data
model diagrams.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Data+Model+Diagrams
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Data+Model+Diagrams?preview=/13271792/74681796/OFBizDatamodelBook_Combined_20171001.pdf

Also, the documentation from ASCII docs for the business side:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/site/trunk/ofbizdoc/html5/user-manual.html#_party

Thanks and regards,
Aditya Sharma

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.