Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by atchijov <an...@tchijov.com> on 2016/02/11 12:07:30 UTC

"ghost" topics ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Topic.xxx and ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.xxx

Hi,

  I have noticed that for some reason on my ActiveMQ setup for each topic I
have defined, 2 more topics get created. One with prefix
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic and another with prefix
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Topic.  For example if I define topic:

  java:/topic/MyTopic

Than I would see

  ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.java:/topic/MyTopic
  ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Topic.java:/topic/MyTopic

These topics do get messages enqueued (actually they get more messages
enqueued than my actual topic) but they never get anything dequeued.

Any comment would be highly appreciated,

Cheers,
  Andrei

Re: "ghost" topics ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Topic.xxx and ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.xxx

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/11/2016 08:13 AM, atchijov wrote:
> tyvm. That link explains it nicely :)
>
> I assume that it is not decremented for ActiveMQ performance just ignore
> these messages ? No need to do any kind of "purging"?
>
> Cheers

Topics won't store messages, when there are no consumers the messages
are just dropped.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: "ghost" topics ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Topic.xxx and ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.xxx

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
If you don't have any consumers listening on the advisory messages then it
won't dequeue because the messages go away.  The messages won't build up
unless you have an actual consumer so you don't need to worry about purging
them at all.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
These are advisory topics.  You can disable them but there would be some
side effects such as dynamic networks not working.  Take a look at this
page for more information on what they are used for.
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html