Posted to user@hive.apache.org by ak...@talentumglobal.com on 2022/02/07 07:43:26 UTC

Hive: Request for Dataset

Hi,

The original Hive tutorial available online refers to a dataset called
"pv_2008-06-08.txt":

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Tutorial

And of course, it is referenced in dozens of tutorials all over the
Internet. However, there is no way I can find the original data anywhere.
Does anybody have a clue where is it?

Thanks And Regards

Amit

(Amit S Khedkar)

M - 9422321048

Re: Hive: Request for Dataset

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
I believe it was just intended as an example with your own data. For an
example that uses data available on every linux machine, you can do:

create table passwd (
  name string,
  not_used string,
  uid int,
  gid int,
  full_name string,
  home_dir string,
  shell string
) row format delimited fields terminated by ":"
  stored as textfile;

load data local inpath "/etc/passwd" overwrite into table passwd;

Note that makes a table out of your local user database, so make sure that
it is a virtual machine or has security turned on.

.. Owen