Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/01 11:29:07 UTC

Re: Nightly builds from the trunk

> Nice to see you asking here :) Anyway that's a pretty cool tool idea, can
> you give a bit more details? Do you plan to write a higher level deployer
> that would accept any kind of artifact accepted by either Axis2 or ODE or is
> it going to be tooling around the configuration?

I do not know whether you are familiar with the custom deployers in
Axis2[1] . With custom deployers you can easily add new extensions to
Axis2. So what I did was adding an extension to Axis2 , which deploy
BPEL service in Axis2 [2]. And when a request come to that service I
just call ODE and get the job done.

>> Any way the problem I have is there is no way to find ODE nightly snapshots
>> , so if we can set up nightly builds up and running then that would be great
>> help for me.
>>

> The problem we had is that last time I asked, all Apache zones for
> continuous builds were full, so getting something setup wasn't possible.
> However I think infra has done some shopping recently so I'll check with
> them if we can get at least a nightly now. Worst case, we can probably have
> it done at Intalio and push to a public server.

That would be great , then I can add a snapshot dependency to the
tool. Because there are some changes from 1.1.1 to the trunk.

> So stay tuned, I'll get more info from infra today.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthieu

[1] : http://blogs.deepal.org/2008/06/learning-axis2-how-custom-deployer.html
[2] : http://blogs.deepal.org/2008/06/bepl-support-in-axis2-and-wso2-wsas.html

Thank you!
Deepal

http://blogs.deepal.org

Re: Nightly builds from the trunk

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Nice to see you asking here :) Anyway that's a pretty cool tool idea, can
> > you give a bit more details? Do you plan to write a higher level deployer
> > that would accept any kind of artifact accepted by either Axis2 or ODE or
> is
> > it going to be tooling around the configuration?
> >
> I do not know whether you are familiar with the custom deployers in
> Axis2[1] . With custom deployers you can easily add new extensions to
> Axis2. So what I did was adding an extension to Axis2 , which deploy
> BPEL service in Axis2 [2]. And when a request come to that service I
> just call ODE and get the job done.
> >

> >> Any way the problem I have is there is no way to find ODE nightly
> snapshots
> >> , so if we can set up nightly builds up and running then that would be
> great
> >> help for me.
> >>

> > The problem we had is that last time I asked, all Apache zones for
> > continuous builds were full, so getting something setup wasn't possible.
> > However I think infra has done some shopping recently so I'll check with
> > them if we can get at least a nightly now. Worst case, we can probably
> have
> > it done at Intalio and push to a public server.
>
> That would be great , then I can add a snapshot dependency to the
> tool. Because there are some changes from 1.1.1 to the trunk.

You shouldn't base your current development on trunk, we're still releasing
the stable branch. Actually we're currently voting a 1.2, you can find it
here if you want to have a look:

http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.2/

Thanks,
Matthieu