Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net> on 2004/07/16 20:26:53 UTC

Use a jar as it were in lib/endorsed

Hi,

I'd like to use saxon with the ant stylesheet task and it works only if the
saxon jar is in lib/endorsed.
How can make this work without copying the jar?

I'm using this hack from a plugin
<!--
'Major hack.' Stolen from the Latka plugin.jelly. All of this could be
avoided by putting
xalan into $MAVEN_HOME/lib/endorsed directory in the distribution, but never
mind
-->
<!-- This is for Xalan -->
<!--
${systemScope.setProperty('javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory','org.apac
he.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl')}
-->
<!-- This is for saxon -->
${systemScope.setProperty('javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory','com.icl.
saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl')}

BTW
I'm using a stylesheet to merge two xml files and with Xalan I get
java.lang.StackOverflowError, and with saxon no.
I don't mind the concrete implementation, just choose saxon because it
works!

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain