Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Abul Basar <ab...@einext.com> on 2016/11/16 09:23:25 UTC

Re: FW: Issue with Zeppelin setup on Datastax-Spark

I am facing a similar issue while using Spark R.

My environment:

   - Spark 2.0.2
   - Zeppelin: 0.6.2
   - Java 1.8.0_111
   - R: 3.3.1

SPARK_HOME is set. I am trying to run a simple paragraph.

%r
print("hello ...")

I get the following exception

*Interpreter Log*
> # getZeppelinR

> .zeppelinR = SparkR:::callJStatic("org.apache.zeppelin.spark.ZeppelinR",
"getZeppelinR", hashCode)

at org.apache.zeppelin.spark.ZeppelinR.waitForRScriptInitialized(
ZeppelinR.java:295)
at org.apache.zeppelin.spark.ZeppelinR.request(ZeppelinR.java:235)
at org.apache.zeppelin.spark.ZeppelinR.eval(ZeppelinR.java:183)
at org.apache.zeppelin.spark.ZeppelinR.open(ZeppelinR.java:172)
at org.apache.zeppelin.spark.SparkRInterpreter.open(
SparkRInterpreter.java:85)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.open(
LazyOpenInterpreter.java:69)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.getProgress(
LazyOpenInterpreter.java:110)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer.
getProgress(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:404)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.thrift.RemoteInterpreterService$
Processor$getProgress.getResult(RemoteInterpreterService.java:1509)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.thrift.RemoteInterpreterService$
Processor$getProgress.getResult(RemoteInterpreterService.java:1494)
at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(
TThreadPoolServer.java:285)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

*Zeppelin Log*
ERROR [2016-11-16 14:42:05,664] ({Thread-377} JobProgressPoller.java[run]:54)
- Can not get or update progress
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterException:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreter.getProgress(
RemoteInterpreter.java:373)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.getProgress(
LazyOpenInterpreter.java:111)
at org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.Paragraph.progress(Paragraph.java:237)
at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.JobProgressPoller.run(
JobProgressPoller.java:51)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(
TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:86)
at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(
TBinaryProtocol.java:429)
at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(
TBinaryProtocol.java:318)
at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(
TBinaryProtocol.java:219)
at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:69)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.thrift.RemoteInterpreterService$
Client.recv_getProgress(RemoteInterpreterService.java:296)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.thrift.RemoteInterpreterService$
Client.getProgress(RemoteInterpreterService.java:281)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreter.getProgress(
RemoteInterpreter.java:370)
... 3 more

When I tried run R commands using sparkR by launching
$SPARK_HOME/bin/sparkR, it works.

Would much appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Abul

Posted by Abul Basar <ab...@einext.com>.
I figured what was the issue. I did not install knitr package in R. After
installing the package in R, i restarted the zeppelin and all looks good
now.

Posted by Abul Basar <ab...@einext.com>.
Hello DuyHai,

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.