Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM> on 2005/11/03 20:48:10 UTC

finalizing the discussion on roller code conventions.

i hate to bring this up yet again, but i want to make sure this is truly finalized.  i think most of us are in favor of K&R style code supported by the standard java coding conventions, so let's put it to a final vote.

does everyone agree that we will move forward supporting the standard for Java programming code conventions detailed here?

http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html

assuming we are all in agreement, then can we also agree that all new files will be introduced using the new conventions.  when you go to modify an exisiting file you should first reformat the entire file and update it to the new code conventions, then commit that version back to svn with a comment like "updating file to new code conventions".  then go ahead and make your edits.

i am +1 on the Java programming code conventions.

-- Allen

Re: finalizing the discussion on roller code conventions.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
+1  and +1.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.