Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/14 21:00:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Activation 2.0.0-M1

Hey All,

We're thinking to do a release on the TomEE side and this is one of the snapshot dependencies we have.  I've prepped a 2.0.0-M1 with the idea that being a milestone it should be fairly non-controversial to propose without a heads up and I haven't checked the TCK status.  I know we're not yet actively running the signature tests on the TomEE side.

I propose we release 2.0.0-M1 so we have some non-snapshots to work with and come back to 2.0.0 as things look 100% on all fronts

Staging Maven repository:

 - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-1153/

The only change is conversion from javax to the jakarta namespace via contributor Richard Zowalla.

Please vote to approve this release:
[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ]  0 Abstain (please provide specific comments)
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

-David

Re: GERONIMO-6832 - SigTests + TCK Failures for Activation 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

I reviewed and merged you diff.

Thanks

--
Jean-Louis

GERONIMO-6832 - SigTests + TCK Failures for Activation 2.0.0-M1

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi all,

Re: [RESULT] Release Activation 2.0.0-M1

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Activation 2.0.0-M1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
My +1

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Release Activation 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Raymond Augé <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] Release Activation 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Daniel Dias Dos Santos <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi +1

Thanks :)

Posted by fpapon <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Same feedback as Romain, I don't think we need a M1.

regards,

François

On 14/05/2022 23:00, David Blevins wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> We're thinking to do a release on the TomEE side and this is one of the snapshot dependencies we have.  I've prepped a 2.0.0-M1 with the idea that being a milestone it should be fairly non-controversial to propose without a heads up and I haven't checked the TCK status.  I know we're not yet actively running the signature tests on the TomEE side.
>
> I propose we release 2.0.0-M1 so we have some non-snapshots to work with and come back to 2.0.0 as things look 100% on all fronts
>
> Staging Maven repository:
>
>   - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-1153/
>
> The only change is conversion from javax to the jakarta namespace via contributor Richard Zowalla.
>

> Please vote to approve this release:
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ]  0 Abstain (please provide specific comments)

> -David

François