Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/14 20:21:12 UTC

suggested procedure for feature discussions

hi @ all,

at [1] we started to rank the importance of the available features we are
going to discuss (currently just for myfaces codi-core and seam-solder).
with the ranking we just get the order for our discussions. a low rank
doesn't mean that the feature won't be included.
if a feature gets included depends on the corresponding discussions.

i created jira tickets [2] for all top-level features (ranked with 10).
i'll start individual threads for jira-issue #3 - #7.
for every issue i'll provide a link of a wiki page which describes the
basic idea as well as the >usage<. and the mail will contain a summary
which provides e.g. the suggested api (there might be small differences
compared to the existing implementation).
for all features which are marked with 'y' at ' "Requires" concept
changes', i'll provide the new suggestion.

please review the provided information of a feature under discussion before
you answer. you can add >basic< objections to [1].
i suggest that we just discuss very basic topics in this first step. we can
discuss details e.g. further objections about the concrete implementation
(e.g. internal classes,...) as soon as we agreed on including the feature.

@jason:
it would be nice if you start threads for jira-issue #8 - #10

regards,
gerhard

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/SE+Feature+Ranking
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DELTASPIKE-2

Re: suggested procedure for feature discussions

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi antoine,

please have a look at [1]

regards,