Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Colic <Al...@pop-ware.com> on 2002/03/01 22:21:16 UTC

How to use the value attribute in html:text

Hi,

I am trying to get the value attribute to work in the text tag. I have an
'ITEM' bean with two properties. One is set up when the user selects an
item. When they go to a page I want the page to display the existing value
in 'item.primeLocation' and I want the text box to be prefilled with the
value from 'item.primeLocation' but have the text user input go into
'newPrimeLocation. Both parameters are within the ITEM bean.

I think the value attribute is supposed to get the from the 'primeLocation'
but I actually get "primeLocation" passed into the text box. I must be doing
something wrong.

<TR>
  <TD>Primary Location</TD>
  <TD><bean:write name="ITEM" property="item.primeLocation"/></TD>
  <TD><html:text property="newPrimeLocation" value="primeLocation"/><TD>
</TR>

Thanks for any help.

Alex