Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Plorks mail <pl...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/11 11:35:18 UTC

CSS file problem

hi all

i'm trying to include a css file but it's being ignored

i have this in my vm template

<head>
  	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$stylesheet"/>
</head>

where $stylesheet = webapps/projectname/WEB-INF/style.css

i've also tried putting it directly under the project name like this
webapps/projectname/style.css but it still gets ignored

can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong

many thanks

Re: CSS file problem

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Thursday, May 11, 2006, 11:45:58 AM, Joe Desbonnet wrote:

> View the "source code" of your resulting web page. Use your mouse to
> select the href attribute of the link tag. And past into another
> browser window. See if it loads your CSS page. If you you need to
> adjust the content of your "stylesheet" context variable.
>
> Remember it's the *browser* that is going to be reading that file via
> a HTTP request. It needs to be accessible via whatever HTTP server
> (Tomcat?) you are using.
>
> Joe.

And the problem will be that the content of the WEB-INF directory is
hidden according to the Servlet Spec.

> On 5/11/06, Plorks mail <pl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi all
>>
>> i'm trying to include a css file but it's being ignored
>>
>> i have this in my vm template

>> <head>
>>         <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$stylesheet"/>
>> </head>
>>
>> where $stylesheet = webapps/projectname/WEB-INF/style.css
>>
>> i've also tried putting it directly under the project name like this
>> webapps/projectname/style.css but it still gets ignored
>>
>> can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong
>>
>> many thanks

Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany

Re: CSS file problem

Posted by Joe Desbonnet <jd...@gmail.com>.

RE: CSS file problem

Posted by Steve O'Hara <so...@pivotal-solutions.co.uk>.
I have already answered this question for you - this is not a Velocity
problem so
please re-read my response and then read the Servlet API documentation
for  more complete explanation.

Steve