Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org> on 2012/01/09 23:18:09 UTC

Please welcome Jon Hsieh as an HBase committer

I'm happy to announce that the HBase PMC has elected Jonathan Hsieh as
a new HBase committer and PMC member. Jon has done great work on
improving hbck, wrote a new META rebuild tool, and has diagnosed and
fixed a number of tricky bugs around consistency and atomicity. The
project is looking forward to his continued contributions.

Please join me in welcoming him to the team! Congrats, Jon!

-Todd on behalf of the HBase PMC

Re: Please welcome Jon Hsieh as an HBase committer

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
Welcome Jon.

Thanks for the great work on hbck you've done thus far, and "über hbck" sounds great, would help ops teams everywhere rescue their clusters if bad things happen.

Best regards,

    - Andy

Posted by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com>.
Welcome Jon and Congrats !!!!!