Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/08 15:21:17 UTC

Maven3

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that Maven3 has just been released[1]
and as far as I know HBase builds perfectly with it which is great!

I'd recommend everyone who can to upgrade. It is a lot faster and has
much improved logging, error messages and much more. I'm quite
confident in its stability.

If there are any problems with our build system I'll happily try to
resolve them - I want HBase to be in perfect shape Maven-wise for 0.90
:)

Cheers,
Lars

[1] http://maven.apache.org/

Re: Maven3

Posted by Eugene Koontz <ek...@hiro-tan.org>.
  On 10/8/10 6:21 AM, Lars Francke wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that Maven3 has just been released[1]
> and as far as I know HBase builds perfectly with it which is great!
>
> I'd recommend everyone who can to upgrade. It is a lot faster and has
> much improved logging, error messages and much more. I'm quite
> confident in its stability.

Thanks for the heads-up Lars, I tried it and it works perfectly with
HBase. And as you said, it's faster too (mvn clean compile takes me
about 25 seconds vs. 35 with mvn2).
-Eugene

Re: Maven3

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks for the heads up Lars.  You are a good man.
St.Ack