Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Aprameya N. Paduthonse" <ap...@e-centives.com> on 2001/01/12 20:08:36 UTC

Interceptor architecture

Hi,

Could someone please direct me to any useful documentation that explains the
architecture for building interceptors for Tomcat? Any resource that
explains how to use the Tomcat open APIs would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Aprameya Paduthonse

Re: Interceptor architecture

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please direct me to any useful documentation that explains the
> architecture for building interceptors for Tomcat? Any resource that
> explains how to use the Tomcat open APIs would be helpful.

Read the BaseInterceptor comments - all you have to do is extend it and
implement the hooks you need.

Some time ago I started working on documentation, but it still need more
work. For general concepts you can read Apache documentations ( the hooks
in 2.0, etc ) - the design is almost the same.

Costin