Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Yeung <mi...@alphanet.net.au> on 2000/08/21 10:23:01 UTC

Virtual Host

Hi

I have followed the document
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc
/tomcat-apache-howto.html to set up form multiple virtual hosts. (Actually I
have 2 host name pointing to the same machine, host A and host B). However,
I can still get the content from when I type http://hostB/JSP/test.jsp where
test.jsp and JSP content should be resided in hostA.

I got no idea about that. Is tomcat 3.1 handle Virtual Hosting properly ??

Cheers,
MICHAEL

RE: Virtual Host

Posted by Mike Bremford <mi...@paperx.com>.
Tomcat 3.1 doesn't handle virtual hosts easily - you need to have a
different connection (ie ApJServPort) to tomcat for each host. This is a
pain in the butt, but it is covered in the User Guide (from memory).

Tomcat 3.2, however, does a great job. You do have to set it up yourself
however, it won't pick up the virtual host settings from apache. It's not
documented (as far as I know) except in the server.xml file.

If you decide to upgrade, have a look in the <server.xml> for the <Host>
directive, and you should be able to stumble through.

Cheers... Mike