Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/15 19:27:03 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC3)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache SystemML version
0.11.0-incubating !

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating

To learn more about Apache SystemML, please see http://systemml.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v0.11.0-incubating-rc1
(1baebfde400134b3af6d373c254ee084a6d28cc3)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/tree/
1baebfde400134b3af6d373c254ee084a6d28cc3

The release artifacts can be found at :

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.
11.0-incubating-rc3/

The maven release artifacts, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemml-1009/

=====================================
== Apache Incubator release policy ==
=====================================
Please find below the guide to release management during incubation:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

=======================================
== How can I help test this release? ==
=======================================
If you are a SystemML user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Algorithm or workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release? ==
-1 votes should only occur for significant stop-ship bugs or legal related
issues (e.g. wrong license, missing header files, etc). Minor bugs or
regressions should not block this release.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC3)

Posted by Acs S <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
So far all issues Glen has seen based on running unit test cases using Spark 1.6 are related to Test Case code itself, not base code. Probably we don't need to include that change at this hour for 0.11 unless there are any critical issues we need to get in.
-Arvind

Luciano Resende ---10/17/2016 09:06:30 PM---Please note the minor correction on the RC tag name (the actual tag hash is correct):

From: Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
To: dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date: 10/17/2016 09:06 PM

Please note the minor correction on the RC tag name (the actual tag hash is
correct):

The tag to be voted on is v0.11.0-incubating-rc3 (
1baebfde400134b3af6d373c254ee084a6d28cc3)

And off course, my +1

Posted by Niketan Pansare <np...@us.ibm.com>.
+1

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center
E-mail: npansar At us.ibm.com
http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-npansar

From:	dusenberrymw@gmail.com
To:	dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:	10/21/2016 11:25 AM
Subject:	Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC3)

Okay I found out that the error I was encountering occurred due to passing
in a DataFrame with an explicit row index column ("__INDEX") that contain
incorrect row indices. Basically, I had taken a large DataFrame with the
row index column  and sampled from it, without updating the row indices.
Thus, I was effectively left with sparse row indices -- i.e. I may have had
rows 2, 18, 587, 398678, etc. The current DataFrame conversion code appears
to not yet be able to handle sparse row indices and thus threw an
exception. When I correctly re-indexed the sampled DataFrame with dense row
indices, everything worked as expected. Of course, our conversion code
automatically adds row indices to a given DataFrame during conversion if
the user does not supply them explicitly. However, it can save a bit of
time on repeated usage if it is done explicitly in one prior batch job.

I don't think this should block this release, and we should instead think
about this for the next release.  I've created SYSTEMML-1053 to track this
issue.

I'm running a few more tests, and then I'll respond today with a vote.

-Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 10:48 PM, Glenn Weidner <gw...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Similar release-process steps executed successfully on Windows.
>
> Performance test suite for large data still running; reviewing of
available log files in-progress.

MacOS following the process here: http://apache.github.io/incubator-syst

http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/release-process.html#all-binaries-execute

> (The in-memory jar was removed by [SYSTEMML-741])
>
> +1
>
> Nakul Jindal
>

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:18 PM, <du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay I've been testing the release candidate on a large-scale problem,
and
> > I'm currently running into a "java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException" in
> > the SparseBlockMCSR that I do not believe was present previously. I'm
> > currently investigating, and will post again soon.
> >
> > On another note, I successfully ran all of the Python tests on both
Python

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

<gw...@us.ibm.com>

Posted by Acs S <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I have delivered fix for Jira SYSTEMML-1056 issue early morning. Berthold has verified it in his environment on reasonably large data as well..
We are ready to create 0.11 RC4.
Luciano, Can you please create RC4 soon?
ThanksArvind

From:   dusenberrymw@gmail.com
To:     dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:   10/21/2016 11:25 AM