Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matt Rich <ma...@pasteur.fr> on 2004/08/30 10:10:09 UTC

SQLtransformer gives -1 with ROWCOUNT

Hello!

I'm getting the results of an SQL requests on a web page through
SQLTransformer.
For request no1, which begins with ROWCOUNT 200,
I don't get the results, but "<returncode> -1</returncode>"  for each
row instead.

As soon as I supress ROWCOUNT 200, I get the results.
I read about it on the mail archive, and it must be interpreted as an
update/insert request instead of select.

How should I modify my code to have it work normally with ROWCOUNT?

Many thanks in advance!

Matt

recursively generated menus with Cocoon

Posted by Matt Rich <ma...@pasteur.fr>.
Hello !

I'm developing a database interrogation user interface in XML/XSL with
Cocoon.

The user having selected a request , the system generates a page on
which he has to select
  values  for the requests' parameters .

For each single parameter, there is a number of values I select from
the database through subrequests,
in order  to generate a dropdown menu,  for the user to choose between
them.
All data for the subrequests' generation come from a XML file

There is never the same number of parameters , so I use a recursive
template
to generate each  subrequest

Is it possible to use the values selected from a thus generated menu ,
to modify the values proposed by another such menu, through a
javascript function like 'Onchange'?

For example,
with two menus , 'Collection' and 'Types':

  if I select collection number '1',
could it be possible to re-generate the following menu, so as to
display only the types that are represented in the collection number
'1'?

(I personally doubt this is possible, based on past experience)

What's your opinion?

Many thanks for every answer!!

Matt

Re: SQLtransformer gives -1 with ROWCOUNT

Posted by Matt Rich <ma...@pasteur.fr>.
Le 30 août 04, à 10:10, Matt Rich a écrit :

My problem is still there:
beginning with SET ROWCOUNT 200, the request works on Sybase Jsql, but
it is failing in the  Cocoon application, and returning as many times
<returncode>-1</returncode>

I didn't find anything on  the Web nor in the archives to solve this.
Is it a Cocoon request decoding problem?

Please help me!

Matt