Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Navis류승우 <na...@nexr.com> on 2014/02/03 01:43:48 UTC

Re: DESCRIBE EXTENDED show numRows=0

Could you check the task log?

For stat gathering, hive uses derby by default. If the jdbc driver for
derby is not in auxlib, task cannot publish stats.

Posted by Daniel Sass <Da...@pontis.com>.
Hi,
I’m using 12.0 version and seems that ANALYZE command doesn’t update the table level statistics while partitions level are just fine.
For example (after running the command ANALYZE TABLE T1 partition(date_prt) COMPUTE STATISTICS):

I get:
.
.
.
Partition db1.t1{date_prt=2014-01-26} stats: [num_files: 16, num_rows: 9030050, total_size: 51413507, raw_data_size: 477332702]
Table db1.t1 stats: [num_partitions: 0, num_files: 0, num_rows: 0, total_size: 0, raw_data_size: 0]  <<<------ a problem
.
.
.