Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2023/04/05 18:01:51 UTC

Re: [OT] Apache Tomcat 10.0.26 Shortcut issue in our environment - Need Help

Sriharikumar,

End of life: https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-10.0-eol.html

> Operating system : Windows 10
I was sure this was EOL as well, but it's not. Microsoft just pretends
it doesn't exist anymore ;)

> Dependency : JAVA SDK 11 is installed.
>
> *Error :*“ The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You
> may not have appropriate Permission”.
>
> Method tried but still could not make shortcut work:
>
>  1. Searched in Google and tried removing shortcut and created manually.
>  2. Rebooted the system and checked.
>  3. Started the Tomcat Service Manually and checked.

Does this work?

>  4. Provided Permission to the Shortcut pointing exe and tried.
>  5. Tried more than 5 Machines to make sure if its due to any machine
>     related issue.
>
>  1. Error while launching Configure Tomcat Shortcut.
>
>  2. Error while launching Monitor Tomcat Shortcut.
>
>  3. Error while launching Tomcat Manager Shortcut.

Do you need to use a shortcut? What happens if you point your service
directly at the binary?

-chris