Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by stlecho <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/13 16:34:31 UTC

How to test a cxfbc:provider ?

Hi,

I've created a <cxfbc:provider> for an external webservice. The service
deploys - I suppose :o) - correctly and now I would like to test it.

The test scenario I would like to execute is the following:
-the client sends an XML request to a ServiceMix HTTP-endpoint
-the defined <cxfbc:provider> forwards the XML request to the external
webservice
-the external webservice responsd to a ServiceMix endpoint
-ServiceMix forwards the XML response to the client

Is this scenario possible just by defining a <cxfbc:provider> (but what is
the HTTP-endpoint for the client?) or should I define an additional
<http:endpoint> that is linked to the <cxfbc:provider> (how can I create
this link?) ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

Re: How to test a cxfbc:provider ?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

comment inline

stlecho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a <cxfbc:provider> for an external webservice. The service
> deploys - I suppose :o) - correctly and now I would like to test it.
>
> The test scenario I would like to execute is the following:
> -the client sends an XML request to a ServiceMix HTTP-endpoint
> -the defined <cxfbc:provider> forwards the XML request to the external
> webservice
> -the external webservice responsd to a ServiceMix endpoint
> -ServiceMix forwards the XML response to the client

You  may need take a look at the tests from [1], you need replace the
cxf bc consumer in the test with your http consumer endpoint
[1]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx3/branches/servicemix-3.2/deployables/bindingcomponents/servicemix-cxf-bc/src/test/java/org/apache/servicemix/cxfbc/CxfBcProviderConsumerTest.java
> Is this scenario possible just by defining a <cxfbc:provider> (but what is
> the HTTP-endpoint for the client?) or should I define an additional
> <http:endpoint> that is linked to the <cxfbc:provider> (how can I create
> this link?) ?

I think you should define a http endpoint which play the role as
consumer, you need specify the targetService and targetEndpoint for your
http endpoint to link to the cxfbc:provider