Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Chris Hane <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/20 06:24:38 UTC

Trinidad PPR & Seam

I am using Seam for a project and am about to start incorporating a
component framework like Trinidad into the project.  I particularly want
to take advantage of the PPR/Ajax.

I have been reading the Seam forums and it looks like there was some
glue code that needed to be written to get other libraries (e.g.,
ICEFaces) to work with the Seam.

Does anyone know if Trinidad needs similar integration work?

I'm asking because of a statement in this thread and was wondering if
anyone else has looked at integrating the two from a Trinidad project
point of view?

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=94822

"For most libraries not much, but libraries that do Ajax need some
added-on lifecycle stuff that sometimes conflicts with Seam's phase
listeners. Once that stuff gets standardized in the next rev of JSF
there will be no problem, but for now it generally means a little bit of
work on both sides to fix any incompatibility. Seam 1.1 beta 2 is much
more tolerant of Ajax libraries, in this respect."

Thanks,
Chris....

Re: Trinidad PPR & Seam

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Ah, dialogs...  OK, that's not a total shock, because dialogs have
a funky lifecycle.  Wish I knew more about the impl of Seam so I
could provide a better way to propagate the conversation to the
dialog.  If any Seam experts out there can provide patches to
Trinidad, or perhaps even better join a thread on adffaces-dev
to talk through these points, I'd be thrilled.

And thanks for providing this link - I've started a Wiki page
where we can keep any other known info about integrating
the two:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_And_Seam

Thanks again,
Adam