Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by fs...@posteo.de on 2016/10/31 21:07:02 UTC

Collection project progress for SystemML report

Hi all,

we are in the process of writing the next Apache PMC report for
SystemML. This report is an important part of the graduation process as
an Apache incubator where we can show our progress as a project and
community. We are therefore collecting everything that demonstrates the
progress of SystemML since August 2016.

Please let us know about everything that you, or another person you
know, have contributed to SystemML in the past three month, such as

* Conference talks, presentations, demos, posters, ...
* Published papers
* Other public appearances or contributions (competitions, workshops,
tutorials)
* ...

Additionally, if you want to highlight a certain feature that was
recently added let us know about it here. We will go through the latest
commits and PRs but the more people contribute here, the better.

The report is due Wednesday, November 2nd, so please respond ASAP and
the latest until tomorrow (Nov 1st) evening.

Thanks!

Re: Collection project progress for SystemML report

Posted by Matthias Boehm <mb...@googlemail.com>.
thanks Felix for taking this over. Here is a list of recent papers and
tutorials:

1) VLDB'16 Papers: We presented the papers "Compressed Linear Algebra
for Large-Scale Machine Learning" (research paper + poster) and
"SystemML: Declarative Machine Learning on Spark" (industry paper) at
VLDB'16.

2) BOSS'16 Tutorial: We gave a 2 x 90min tutorial (two sessions) at the
BOSS'16 workshop, co-located with VLDB'16.

3) CIDR'17 Paper: Our paper "SPOOF: Sum-Product Optimization and
Operator Fusion for Large-Scale Machine Learning" has been accepted at
CIDR'17.

4) Talk at TU Dresden: On Aug 30, we gave a talk on "Compressed Linear
Algebra for Large-Scale Machine Learning" at TU Dresden (database
technology group).

Regards,
Matthias