Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2001/09/21 14:17:36 UTC

[gump][cactus] problems with nightly zips

Hi Sam,

I have just looked at the latest zip generated by GUMP :
jakarta-cactus-22-20010921.zip
And I found that it does not contain what I expected ... ! :)

I thought it would be the copy of the file
<root>/dist/jakarta-cactus-22-20010921.zip but it does not seem to be. It
seems it is a zip that you created as part of the GUMP process. Can you
confirm ?

The problem is that it does not contain what I'd like to distribute ... For
example, it contains :
- the target directory
- the src directory
which should not be included. But the problem is not there; I believe it is
up to the project to decide what the nightly build shoud contain, don't you
agree ?

Also, the log4j jar that is included in <root>/lib is named log4j-gump.jar
but other jars are named correctly, i.e. for example junit is junit.jar, ...
Also httpclient jar is named commons-httpclient.jar (shouldn't it be
httpclient.jar to conform to internal naming - I'll need to talk to them for
that).

Tell me what you'd like to do [FYI, I am starting to get some complaints and
questions from users about the content of this nightly build which is
different from the generated builds].

Thanks a lot.
-Vincent