Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nar Karapetyan <na...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/08 15:19:21 UTC

Can you help me to figure out what is "ia64"?

There is a "ia64" dll for tomcat native library for a windows 64 platform.
I used to know amd64 or x64, but unfamiliar with "ia64".

What platform is that?

Thank you,
Regards
Nareg Garabedian

Re: Can you help me to figure out what is "ia64"?

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
> There is a "ia64" dll for tomcat native library for a windows 64 platform.
> I used to know amd64 or x64, but unfamiliar with "ia64".
>
> What platform is that?
>
> Thank you,
> Regards
> Nareg Garabedian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itanium

The only real POJO Application Server.

Re: Can you help me to figure out what is "ia64"?

Posted by "Robert K. Vanderhoek" <ro...@nhdeeds.com>.
This is a copy and paste from wikipedia.  *Itanium* is the brand name
for 64-bit Intel <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel> microprocessors
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microprocessor> that implement the *Intel
Itanium architecture* (formerly called *IA-64*). Intel has released two
processor families using the brand: the original *Itanium* and the
*Itanium 2*.

--
Robert K. Vanderhoek
(603) 772-2305