Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2017/08/22 02:32:26 UTC

[Discuss] Rename README.txt to README.md

Hi folks,

I propose we rename README.txt to README.md (ZOOKEEPER-2880
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2880>), so github can
render the mark downs which support better and richer formatting options
than txt file. There are lots of existing Apache projects (e.g. Spark,
Cassandra, ....) use md file instead of txt file for README, and I am not
aware of any constraints that prevent us doing the same for ZooKeeper.

Please let me know if you have any concern for such a change.

--
Cheers
Michael.

Re: [Discuss] Rename README.txt to README.md

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Pat for the thorough research! I just merged this change in.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Patrick,

Posted by Patrick White <pw...@fb.com>.