Posted to dev@griffin.apache.org by 181276056 <ja...@qq.com> on 2018/12/09 15:02:48 UTC

回复: [DISCUSS] hive server2 vs hive metastore

Yes, as far as I know, Measure relies on Livy server, Livy server relies on Spark which have metastore configurations. it is make sense because Livy server is managed by spark administrators.

So it seems to be another option to get hive meta through rest api from Livy server.

On the other hand, I think griffin is the platform for end user to do data quality, so the platform should not have any authority to access any data in Hadoop. The datasource should be configured by end user so that griffin can submit the data quality job.

Best Wish
Jason Liao