Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Daniel Kalcevich <DK...@mercuryinsurance.com> on 2004/10/20 21:10:23 UTC

Struts Validator - ValidWhen

Hello,

I have a form that contains two fields:  id & lastName.  The rule is
that if I can only enter in one or the other, not both.  I am trying to
use the ValidWhen to perform this check.  I have code similar to the
following:

<form name="searchForm">
	            <field
	                property="id"
	                depends="validwhen,minlength,mask,validateId">
	                <msg name="minlength"
key="errors.policyNumber.length"/>
	                <msg name="mask"
key="errors.policyNumber.mask"/>
	                    <arg0
key="searchForm.policyNumberRequired"/>
	                    <arg1 name="minlength"
key="${var:minlength}" resource="false"/>
	                    <var>
                              <var-name>test</var-name>
                              <var-value>((lastName == null) and (*this*
!= null))</var-value>
                            </var>
	                    <var>
	                       <var-name>minlength</var-name>
	                       <var-value>10</var-value>
	                    </var>
	                    <var>
	                        <var-name>mask</var-name>
	                        <var-value>^[a-zA-Z0-9]*$</var-value>
	                    </var>
	             </field>

	             <field
	                property="lastName" depends="validwhen">
	                <msg name="validwhen"
key="errors.lastName.entry"/>
                            <var>
                              <var-name>test</var-name>
                              <var-value>((id == null) and (*this* !=
null))</var-value>
                            </var>
	            </field>

	         </form>

When I enter in only a value into the "id" field, I still get the
message "Please enter a last name".  That message is the key
"errors.lastName.entry".  Any ideas on what else I need to do to get
this working?  I am using version 1.2.1.  Thanks in advance.

-Daniel

Re: Struts Validator - ValidWhen

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Version 1.2.1 of  Struts had problems and never made "ga" release quality -
the only "ga" release for Struts 1.2 is Version 1.2.4 - some validwhen
issues were fixed in that release.

http://struts.apache.org/acquiring.html

Niall