Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by sat <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/22 23:28:53 UTC

Discrepancy in nodetool status

Hi,

We have 3 nodes in cluster, we rebooted one of the cassandra VM, we noticed
nodetool status returning "UN" for itself and "DN" for other node, although
we observe gossip sync and ack messages being shared between these nodes.

*Issue in Detail*

*Nodes in cluster*
Node1
Node 2
Node 3

All above nodes formed cluster and nodetool status in all 3 machines were
"UN"

We rebooted Node 1 and restarted cassandra on node1, then we ran nodetool
status and observed

Node 1 - UN
Node 2 - DN
Node 3 - DN

However when we run nodetool status on other 2 nodes (Node2, and Node 3)
they claim all 3 nodes are "UN"

We enabled "Trace" level and checked Gossip messages and noticed "SYN",
"ACK" and "ACK2" initiated and received messages in Node 1 for other 2
nodes, but still nodetool status marks other 2 nodes as down.

Please let us know how nodetool detects other nodes as "DOWN". Any help is
highly appreciated.

Thanks
A.SathishKumar

Re: Discrepancy in nodetool status

Posted by sat <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We guess the issue we are facing is related to

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9630.

Will it be fixed in 3.11 release.

Thanks and Regards
A.SathishKumar