Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Brad Eisan <br...@5star-network.com> on 2005/01/18 16:34:25 UTC

Two macros calling one another

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Velocity and I've come across an interesting problem
I haven't encountered before. I have read through the archives but
cannot seem to find a solution to this. Though I may be missing
something really obvious :)

This is a (silly) example of two macros which call one another (they
exist together in a global macros file):

Macro 1:
#macro( title $product )
  You can get $product.name for #cost( $product ) now!
#end

Macro 2:
#macro( cost $product )
#end

This outputs the error:
ERROR: VM #cost: error : too few arguments to macro. Wanted 1 got 0

My question is that if macros must be declared before they are used,
how can you solve this since one macro will always have to be declared
behind the other? If I reverse the order of the two in the file, the
error is the same, but is for the other macro.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Re: Two macros calling one another

Posted by Brad Eisan <br...@5star-network.com>.
Thanks Christoph. I have reconsidered the design and found a suitable
way to avoid them calling each other. Thanks for the advice.

Posted by Christoph Reck <ap...@recks.org>.
Hi,