Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Andrew Mak <ma...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/08/27 18:35:24 UTC

peeking inside a composite file

Hi,

I was wondering if Tuscany has any API or utility class that would allow
me to peek inside a composite file to get the targetNamespace and name,
without having to parse the entire file?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Mak

Re: peeking inside a composite file

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
You can use the StAX to get the QName as follows:

Assuming url points to the composite file:

                URLConnection connection = url.openConnection();
                connection.setUseCaches(false);
                XMLStreamReader reader =
factory.createXMLStreamReader(connection.getInputStream());
                reader.nextTag();

                assert Constants.COMPOSITE_QNAME.equals(reader.getName());
                String ns = reader.getAttributeValue(null,
"targetNamespace");
                if (ns == null) {
                    ns = XMLConstants.NULL_NS_URI;
                }
                String name = reader.getAttributeValue(null, "name");
                reader.close();

Thanks,
Raymond