Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Müller, Markus" <ma...@sdm.de> on 2003/04/14 15:05:34 UTC

Support of retrieving markers in FOP ?

Hi,

could anybody explain in a few simple words, what the "certain hopefully
esoteric cases" are, in which retrieving a marker fails? We have some
"esoteric" behaviour with FOP regarding markers at the moment....

Thanks,
Markus

Re: Support of retrieving markers in FOP ?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Müller, Markus wrote:
> could anybody explain in a few simple words, what the "certain hopefully
> esoteric cases" are, in which retrieving a marker fails? We have some
> "esoteric" behaviour with FOP regarding markers at the moment....

There are circumstances where the first generated area of a block
is not properly marked, for example if a nested block follows
a forced page break. This should not affect first-starting-within-page
but might affect last-starting-within page (you'll get the last-before-
the-really-last in this case, I think). I didn't really bother to test
this properly though. First-including-carryover wont work properly
if there is an eglible carry-over, because these areas are not marked
at all. Last-ending-within-page wont work if the FO with the eglible
marker created an area on a previous page, for the same reason.

J.Pietschmann