Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com> on 2007/02/28 15:29:16 UTC

HSSFSerializer cell style

It seems that the only way to apply styles to cells is with <StyleRegion>
but in my case it's difficult to predict beforehand which cells will need
formatting.

Is there a way to apply formatting in the <Cell> element?  I found this in
the Gnumeric File Format doc:

	<gmr:Cell Col="0" Row="0" Style="0">

And this structure in an email:

	<CellStyles>
		<Style No="1" ....>
		</Style>
	</CellStyles>

That HSSFSerializer chokes on that but this is accepted:

	<CellStyles>
		<CellStyle No="1" Back="9800:CC00:F800"/>
		<CellStyle No="LeftAlign" HAlign="2"/>
	</CellStyles>

But appling the style to a cell has no effect:

	<gmr:Cell Col="1" ValueType="30" Style="LeftAlign">

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Gary