Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Satya Deep Maheshwari <m....@gmail.com> on 2017/07/05 12:37:52 UTC

[JCRVLT]Unexpected package uninstall behavior

Hi

When I try to uninstall a package I expected that all the contents created
by it on installation would be removed but that does not seem to be the
case. For e.g. I have a package with the filter.xml as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<workspaceFilter version="1.0">
    <filter root="/parent">
        <include pattern="/parent/child1"/>
    </filter>
</workspaceFilter>

When I install this package, /parent/child1 is created. On un-installation,
these nodes continue to exist. I may be missing something here regarding
the behavior of filter configurations. Please suggest.

Regards
Satya Deep

Re: [JCRVLT]Unexpected package uninstall behavior

Posted by Satya Deep Maheshwari <m....@gmail.com>.
While investigating this a bit further, if I change the filter such that it
defines a 'root' instead of 'include' then the package uninstall achieves
the desired behavior i.e. delete the nodes that it created on installation.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<workspaceFilter version="1.0">
    <filter root="/paren/child1"/>
</workspaceFilter>

Any suggestions on why this is behaving differently from 'include' entry in
the filter?

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Satya Deep Maheshwari <m.satyadeep@gmail.com