Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Samya <sa...@amadeus.com> on 2015/08/21 07:57:02 UTC

Spark-Cassandra-connector

Hi All,

I need to write an RDD to Cassandra & using the sparkCassandraConnector from
DataStax. My application is using Yarn.

*Some basic Questions :*
1.  Will a call to saveToCassandra(.....), be using the same connection
object between all task in a given executor? I mean is there 1 (one)
connection object per executor, that is shared between tasks ?
2. If the above answer is YES, is there a way to create a connectionPool for
each executor, so that multiple task can dump data to cassandra in parallel?

Regards,
Samya

Re: Spark-Cassandra-connector

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Have you considered asking this question on
https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/#!forum/spark-connector-user
?

Cheers