Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Edward Wu <ed...@extrahop.com> on 2016/08/26 20:55:17 UTC

create external table on s3 results in 403 failure if the folder does not exist

Hi,

I am currently using hive 2.1 on emr5.0 and every time I tried to create an
external table against a folder that does not exist on s3, hive returns s3
403 exception even though I can read/write to that bucket using awscli on
the same host. I remembered this working on an earlier version of hive so I
am wondering if this is a known regression.

Edward Wu
Software Engineer
 <ed...@extrahop.com>

<http://goto.extrahop.com/sig_target>