Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/03/08 11:50:19 UTC

jar download setup in sandbox projects

Hi Steve,

could you update all stuff in sandbox which downloads stuff from the OSM
repository to download that material of an ASF machine, or if that is
not possible for licensing reasons, from the ibiblio repository?

Preferably, refer to files placed at

daedalus.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist

or a subdirectory. A good alternative location is files placed at

daedalus.apache.org:/www/avalon.apache.org

or a subdirectory.

The ASF should be self-hosting to the maximum extend possible, and where
it is not we should minimize the machines used.

cheers!

- Leo

Re: jar download setup in sandbox projects

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:
>  A repository under our control is the best
> option - however - I've been holding back from doing that while there is
> all that "repository" discussion going on.  Since the new list was
> formed I havn't been tracking things - do you have any idea what the
> current status, forcasts, concensus is?

status: discussing, working towards consensus. No consensus yet :D

I'll keep you posted when consensus is reached!

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Leo:

Leo Simons wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> could you update all stuff in sandbox which downloads stuff from the
> OSM repository to download that material of an ASF machine, or if that
> is not possible for licensing reasons, from the ibiblio repository?

There are no licensing issues. The reason for setting up on osm.net was
to experiment a bit before proposing anything.  Ibiblio isn't a solution
(but this will change once the Maven guys get the release process
sorted) due to the time it takes to get something uploaded following a
rerquest (think weeks).  A repository under our control is the best
option - however - I've been holding back from doing that while there is
all that "repository" discussion going on.  Since the new list was
formed I havn't been tracking things - do you have any idea what the
current status, forcasts, concensus is?

In the meantime I can put something in place over on daedalus.

Cheers, Steve.

> Preferably, refer to files placed at
>
> daedalus.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist
>
> or a subdirectory. A good alternative location is files placed at
>
> daedalus.apache.org:/www/avalon.apache.org
>
> or a subdirectory.
>
> The ASF should be self-hosting to the maximum extend possible, and
> where it is not we should minimize the machines used.
>
> cheers!
>
> - Leo

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org