Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2006/08/24 23:13:33 UTC

Re: [m2] Frustration getting Maven 2 and Hibernate working together

Paul Kuykendall wrote:

> Jose,
>
> I found this in a blog somewhere (I didn't bookmark it, just copied it
> into
> a "tips and tricks" email I sent myself at work).  I still ran into
> problems
> with the hibernate3-maven-plugin complaining it couldn't resolve a
> dependency somewhere down the line to maven-hibernate3-plugin.  It could
> have been something I've been doing wrong, but your problem was fairly
> easy
> to track down (after more than a few hours of google searching).  I did
> use
> a different way of doing the jta installation.  I created a jar file and
> installed that rather than the zip file.
>
> /Paul
>
> The below is quite shamefully included without attribution.  I take no
> claim
> for its origination.
>
> Special dependencies
>
> Most of the dependencies you need will be automatically downloaded by
> Maven
> from a remote repository, but two by Sun can't be held there. Go to this
> page <http://java.sun.com/products/jta/> to get the JTA interfaces from
> the
> Download link next to "Class Files 1.0.1B," then paste the following into
> shell in your download directory:
>
> mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.transaction \
>   -DartifactId=jta -Dversion=1.0.1B -Dpackaging=jar \
>   -Dfile=jta-1_0_1B-classes.zip
>
> (Or use jta.jar from the Hibernate 3.1.1 distribution, if you have that
> already — just change the -Dfile= parameter above.)
>
> For the EJB 3.0 *public final draft* dependency, you'll need to
> download Hibernate
> Annotations<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hibernate/hibernate-annotations-3.2.0.CR1.tar.gz?download>,
> expand the archive, change to its lib directory, then:
>
> mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.persistence \
>   -DartifactId=ejb -Dversion=3.0-public-draft-20060502
>  \
>   -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=ejb3-persistence.jar

Is it possible to override a plugin's dependencies, like you can with a
normal dependency?  I'm trying to use the maven-hibernate3-plugin, and
getting the following error:

Missing:
----------
1) javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B

  Try downloading the file manually from:
      http://java.sun.com/products/jta

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.transaction -DartifactId=jta
\
          -Dversion=1.0.1B -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1)
org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-20060418.000301-9
        2) org.hibernate:hibernate-tools:jar:3.1.0.beta4
        3) org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.1.2
        4) javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-20060418.000301-9

I'd like to do something like I can do in my normal pom.xml's - where I can
use Geronimo's JTA implementation instead:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
            <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.0.cr3</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jta</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
            <artifactId>geronimo-spec-jta</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.1B-rc4</version>
        </dependency>

Thanks,

Matt

Re: [m2] Frustration getting Maven 2 and Hibernate working together

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, that worked.

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Sure you can:

> [...]

> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>

> org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-20060418.000301-9
>
> I'd like to do something like I can do in my normal pom.xml's - where I
> can
> use Geronimo's JTA implementation instead:
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
>             <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
>             <version>3.2.0.cr3</version>
>             <exclusions>
>                 <exclusion>
>                     <groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>jta</artifactId>
>                 </exclusion>
>             </exclusions>
>         </dependency>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
>             <artifactId>geronimo-spec-jta</artifactId>

Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond

RE: [m2] Frustration getting Maven 2 and Hibernate working together

Posted by Johann Reyes <jr...@hiberforum.org>.
Hello Matt

The dependencies issue its fixed in the hibernate tools dependency that's in queue to be uploaded (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-1053). These dependencies would depend on jars that are in the maven repo like the Geronimo's JTA implementation. So as soon these dependencies are uploaded, I'll publish a new snapshot of the plugin.

Regards

Johann Reyes