Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rau NF <nf...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/19 21:51:43 UTC

minProcessors/max Processors question

Hello - We have set minProcessor/maxProcessors to 120
for our tomcat installation (4.1.24 on Linux RH 8).
However, under load, we are seeing close to 220+
threads being created (kill -3 on the VM).

We are not sure as to why this is happening. I read
somewhere that minProcessors/maxProcessors is only for
the request processing threads and not for the total
number of threads created by tomcat. If this is the
case then, how do we cap the total number of threads
being created by Tomcat ? I am concerned that we may
run out of memory if this continues.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks
S Rau