Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tung Tran Van <tu...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/03 10:07:15 UTC

Guice support the custom task-json in extension

Hi folks,

When I am customizing the webadmin for rspamd extension, I realized that
James does not yet support the appending guice `task-json` in the
extension.
I propose James should have a mechanism for that.
My idea for do that is similar with that James already when custom
something in extension (`guice.extension.module` in
`extensions.properties`, `extensions.routes` in `webadmin.properties`)

I had a draft pull request:
https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/1104

Welcome any opinion on this,
Thanks

--
Tung, Tran Van

Re: Guice support the custom task-json in extension

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org>.
+1

Tasks are cool and not being able to use it in extensions is a set-back.

Development of such extensions is a limited effort as Tung just proved it.

Being able to write tasks as extensions could allow us to further
modularize James "extra" features.

For instance Deleted Message Vault (though custom Cassandra tables would
likely be needed too/ manual table creation...), mailbox backup/restore,
etc...

I did technical remarks on Github on the POC proposed by Tung.

Best regards,

Benoit TELLIER