Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by se...@nexgo.de on 2003/12/30 01:27:13 UTC

how can i do multiple operations in one transaction?

Hi,

I am using the PersistenceBroker (OJB 1.0 rc5) and have some problems to store 2 objects within a single transaction. The problem is, that I want to have the whole transaction comitted if and only if a calculation between these two store operations has been successfull, otherwise the first store operation will be rolled back.  Consider the following code snippet:

try{
       pm = PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();

       pm.beginTransaction();
       pm.store(object1);
}
catch ...

followed by some calculations then retrieve the first object to get the id (which was set by OJB via autoincrement) ...

try{
      pm.getObjectId(object1);
}
catch ...

follwed by another operation and if succeeded then store object2 and finish the transaction:

try{
      pm.store(object2);
      pm.comitTransaction();
      pm.close();
}
catch...

I always get a TransactionNotInProgressException. How can I solve this problem?

thx,
Dirk