Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 02:20:13 UTC

Re: Unresolved issues but marked 0.6

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Marnie McCormack
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> That's corect - they will have done. I've been reviewing them when time
> permits, but happy for other devs to review too to aid progress. Hoping
> we'll have more time for review in the 0.8 cycle.

This is essentially inevitable with CTR. Somehow there's never enough
time to get around to all the reviews, but I've never seen a patch not
go in due to lack of review time with RTC.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Unresolved issues but marked 0.6

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Rajith,

Everything sitting at RtR for 0.6 on the Java side did make it into the
release.

Thing thats holding up the resolution is the outstanding reviews, which will
take longer than a moment - but should be done.

I'll try to get to them as soon as I can/close out anything not requiring
review.

As ever happy for others to contribute on the reviews too.

Marnie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

<snip>
> Closing the 0.6 release in JIRA would be much welcome.
</snip>

Done, 0.6 no longer shows on the roadmap view.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Rajith Attapattu a écrit :

> Could we please take a moment to resolve any JIRA's with "ready to
> review" status that actually made it into the 0.6 release?
> If a fix actually made it into a release, then it's not correct to
> just bump the version to the next release.
> Therefore at the end of the week, what ever that is renaming will be
> pushed into "no version" as suggested by Martin.
>
> Please shout if anybody disagrees.

Closing the 0.6 release in JIRA would be much welcome.

However instead of unscheduling the issues by removing the "Fix Version"
field I would advise prioritizing the issues and dispatching them over
the next 3 releases in JIRA (to be created). Also you would probably
like to create a "Later" release ordered after all the others for the
low priority stuff.

The benefit of this organization is to have a clear view of the roadmap
by looking at the JIRA dashboard:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

If the issues are not scheduled they aren't displayed there and tend to
be forgotten.

Regards,

Emmanuel Bourg

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.